Monday, November 15, 2010

Still Under Budget!

I'm back from my long weekend, and I didn't blow my budget! I went down to Calgary, ate junk food on the road, went for a nice sushi dinner, hung out with my cousins, picked up some styling cream for my hair and went skiing... all for under $200. Score. I didn't budget smooth this pay period persay, but I didn't blow it either.

I've been thinking a lot about why I don't feel like I have anything to wear to work. It's not that I don't have clothes (I have a ton of them), I just realized that I don't have the right ones. For example, I'm currently missing:
  1. A Suit
  2. Black Pants
  3. White Collared Shirt
  4. Plain Black Pumps (mine are now all either stretched out or broken)
  5. Jeans I can tuck into boots (so they don't get soaking wet when the snow flies)
  6. Sweaters in between the paper thin and bundle up at home thicknesses
  7. A Purse for work that's in acceptable shape
Not included in the list is the annual pair of ballet flats that I've walked my way through. I say annual because I wear them out and they never last longer than a year. It's no wonder I feel like I'm scrambling even though I have a pile of clothes. I used to have all of the items on the list. Sadly I either didn't spend the money on them and they didn't last, or I wore them to death. I'm trying to figure out how to remedy this without back tracking on my progress. I'm thinking that Boxing Day sales are going to be used for part of this.

No comments: