Monday, December 13, 2010

Cheap Dates

My boyfriend came home Saturday :)

He's been gone the better part of a year and a half doing training for the military.

It got me thinking a little while back about what we could do in terms of cheap dates. I don't have a lot of money to spend, and I seriously doubt he's okay with paying for everything we do together. That being said, he did take me out to eat this weekend. It was enjoyed and very much appreciated.

What else did we do? We went for a long walk in West Edmonton Mall (not to shop, it was -18 plus windchill outside so we needed somewhere we could walk without freezing), we watched movies at home, we went to the gym together (using passes I get free from work), and just relaxed. All free.

I have a pair of free movie passes at home, and a $100 gift card to one of the nicer steak houses in town. I'll probably save the movie passes for later in the month, and possibly organize a double date with friends of ours at the steak house. I think there might be a couple winter festivals coming up that we could check out reasonably cheap, if not free, and I believe they have free outdoor skating and hot chocolate at the legislative grounds right now. I'm going to ask about borrowing my dad's snowshoes; my boyfriend can borrow snowshoes from the military, and there is a park across the street from my house we could trample around in. Lululemon offers free yoga on Sunday mornings, but I'm not entirely convinced we could get out of bed early enough for it. Other than that, I'm not sure what we could do right now.

What are your favourite things to do for free/cheap with a significant other? Any ideas for cold weather dates?

No comments: