Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Backtrack

So, while I was looking at the balance on my credit card earlier, I realized I didn't know what I was actually paying for anymore. Was I still paying for my laptop? My car maintenance? Last Christmas? I really didn't know. So I looked it up. Or rather, I tried. Apparently my credit card only allows you to look back at the last 3 months worth of statements. As I switched to e-bills a while back, I don't know if I'll be able to actually look up the specifics... Based on my estimate I'm in the middle of paying off the iPhone I bought in February while I was volunteering at the Olympics in Whistler. Yeah... buying an $800 phone to replace my beer soaked Blackberry while I wasn't receiving an actual pay check was perhaps not my best step financially, but here we are. Either way, when I was forking over the plastic at the counter I didn't expect that 8 months later I'd still be paying the damn thing off. It's definitely making me think twice about buying anything now.

The belt I was going to get this weekend... sold out. Gone off the website. And the sweater alternate is out of my budget. *Sigh* No treat this go around.

No comments: