Originally the plan was to throw the $400 or so worth of overtime I’ll get on this paycheck directly onto the credit card. I’ve retooled this idea though, realizing that if I make myself feel deprived during this period I’m likely to binge when I get my next paycheck. So, instead about $150 is going towards the debt, while the rest is being divvied up accordingly:
- 25lbs of beef ordered from a local farmer (food + supporting local economy)
- A mortar mixing drill attachment (saving my hands from the chemical burns I've been causing)
- An insulation strip for my back door (lower my heating bill? Please?)
- Dry cleaning for 2 dresses and a sweater (I wore the stuff as long as I reasonably could)
- A new belt (this really is just a perk for me)
- $50 into RRSPs
It's a start.