Saturday, January 8, 2011

Work Life Balance

My slow cooker and I are about to become very close friends.


Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
6:30







7:00






7:30

1.5 Hours


1.5 Hours

8:00






8:30
9:00





9:30



4 Hours










4 Hours












 9.5 Hours











10:00
10:30
11:00


11:30






7.5 Hours














7.5 Hours








12:00
12:30
13:00
13:30


14:00










14:30
15:00
15:30
16:00

16:30


2.5 Hours


17:00

17:30

2 Hours


18:00
18:30
19:00
















19:30



20:00
20:30

This is my weekday schedule for the next 4 months. Green is my time in class on campus, yellow is my time at work, and blue is my time in transit. The buses slow down to hourly in the evenings, so I spend a lot more time waiting. I can get home in 45 minutes if I leave the office at 5:00 or 5:30, but not if I leave after that.

And somehow I’m going to fit dating in here. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

One nice thing about the long transit block after work is that if I get stuck waiting at the West Ed transit center I can do some grocery shopping at the Asian market. If the bus I take doesn’t turn out their interior lights (understandable why they do it, it gets dark here really early during the winter), I can get a bit of studying done in the evenings. Or I can blog from my phone, I’ve done that before too.

But yeah, I think I’m going to do a big batch of chili this weekend and freeze some. One last (jam packed) weekend of freedom before the busy season really begins.


Time Management from the Inside Out, Second Edition: The Foolproof System for Taking Control of Your Schedule -- and Your Life
Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
Time Management In an Instant: 60 Ways to Make the Most of Your Day (In an Instant (Career Press))

4 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

That schedule looks intense but I love that you posted it :)

Something abut graphs...!

Finally Frugal said...

Ohhhhhh, that looks so familiar! I've thought about doing that for myself, but I'm afraid it will make me cry. I hear you about trying to fit time for socializing/dating into an already packed schedule. Make it happen! Good luck with the slow cooker; I often cook an entire chicken (or just a bag of chicken breasts) on the weekend and freeze them in smaller bags so I can quickly create a meal later in the week. Works well!

Cassie said...

It's going to be a hopping 4 months FB. I'm a very visual person, I just don't get around to posting my charts/graphs very often. Something to work on!

Don't cry FF, you would be fine! I actually made a huge pot of chili this weekend so I have meals for a little while. Good idea with the smaller bags of plain cooked chicken though, I might consider doing that in the future!

youngandthrifty said...

I love chili and I love my slow cooker! Very energy efficient way of cooking too.